Saturday, March 10, 2007

Press "9" to resave

My grandma called me once and left me a voice mail message:

"Annie, this is your grandma".

Grandma rarely called anyone and most certainly never left a message. I guess that was why I saved it. I have no idea why she called or when the message was left. For a split second every ninety days when the kind voice mail lady asks me if I want to erase this message or save it, I consider getting rid of it. She has been dead almost three years.

I am not ready to let go. I will be at some point, but not yet.. When I hear her words, a warm wave a love flows over me and I smile.

Today I was told by the voice mail lady that the message had been saved for the maximum time allowed and I opted to resave. We will see what I do in ninety days...

No comments: