Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Nanci Griffith

Regan and I went to see Nanci Griffith at the Guthrie last night. This was my first visit to the "new" Guthrie. Very cool building, but I didn't really feel like I was in a theater. Regan said she felt like we were at the airport; a really nice airport. I agreed, but there was something a bit odd about the place. It was like a 1950s version of what an airport would be like in the 21st century.

The concert was fantastic. Nanci is (and always has been) adorable. I felt like such a sap because I got choked up several times during the show. She is a really good songwriter. I think my favortie song is "Trouble in the Fields". Whenever I hear that song I can't help but think of my people out in Tara Township. I wonder if Nanci will do an original song for the soundtrack? I am getting a little ahead of myself...

No comments: