Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My First St. Patrick's Day Parade

I wasn't irritated at all. Guess being out among the guys in green, faux-velveteen tails and huge hats with a buckles makes one more tolerant.

My favorites in the parade were the Irish St. Paul police officers and their pipe/drum. Oh,and the fire-fighters and fire engines.

This was also my niece's first St. Patrick's Day in St. Paul. I think she enjoyed herself.

We are thinking about marching in next year's parade. Of course, we want our contingent to be the best. Some initial brain-storming: pony cart, celebrity guests, a couple of 80+ year-old ringers (our oldest generation are all gone, but a grandma in an Aran sweater and tam is a sure crowd-pleaser). Regan and Eeny are fleshing out the plans.

Also went to the Landmark Center for dancing, etc. Those bouncy wigs are a little freaky, but the dancing was fun to watch.

Later, dinner at my house. Sister-in-law brought her delicious soda bread and sister made her signature Paddy O'Cupcakes.

Happy to be Irish.

No comments: