Saturday, January 12, 2008

I had the best dream last night.

It starred my grandma. We were in her apartment; I lounged on the couch while she reclined in her chair, studying an almost-complete crossword puzzle. She read aloud clues and I asked how many letters and by the time I formed the visual, she had the answer. She set the puzzle down next to her chair atop a pile of magazines, newspapers, and mail, turned toward me, took off her glasses, smiled, and said, "There. Now that's done."

That is all I remember about the dream, but my memories of my time with Gram are as vivid today as ever. Under the feelings of missing my Gram, there flows an undercurrant of calm and contentment I felt every minute I spent with her (except maybe the time I almost punched that lady at Cub who triedd to cut in front of us in line...but that didn't have anything to do with Gram - she just happened to be there).

Happy birthday, Gram.

No comments: