Monday, January 07, 2008

Obama: People Unite!

If I understand his message correctly, Obama is saying that Americans can unite with him and change the government and the path of the United States. He tells us to have hope that the future will be better if we all work together.

Not that I don't have faith in the American people, but we won't stop driving our cars, our gas-guzzling vehicles, every dang place we need to go, nor will we stop buying products made in China because they are cheaper, even if they are full of lead paint poisoning our children, made by their children in sweat shops.

If I believe then the dollar with start to be worth something? If I hope, then our trade deficit will disappear? All it takes is faith and then our educational system will be fixed? If I vote for Obama, I can trust that our soldiers will come home?

I don't get it. His popularity is understandable. This country did elect Bush twice, I guess we don't really care about reality.

No comments: