Friday, January 18, 2008

You know what would be great?

My sister asked me this evening. She was excited about something. I had no idea what she thought would be great. She told me:

A snowsuit. I need a snowsuit because my upper body stays really warm in my down jacket, but my legs just about froze off today. It is just ridiculous how cold my legs are. I especially need it after work when I start my car and have to sit there while it warms up. I tell you, these pants are like paper. I think I'll get a snowsuit.

This was too funny - I pictured her in one of those metallic silver numbers with orange, white, and black stripes on the sleeves. I her swooshing into the office past the receptionist being annoyed at how her purse keeps sliding off her shoulder. Then I see her later in the day, still in the suit because the zipper got caught stuck.

I outline all the reasons a snowsuit is impractical for an adult, but she sticks with her argument that a snowsuit is the answer.

This cracked me up. She was completely serious about the snowsuit, at first. You know how it is when you verbalize something you've been thinking about for a long time? In your head it makes perfect sense. I think she realized what a silly idea it was...

No comments: