Saturday, March 08, 2008

Baseball

I am excited that baseball is underway. Just hearing a couple of words about what's going on at Spring training on the 10 o'clock news puts a smile on my face.

I was without a favorite player for the second half of last season, after the Luis Castillo trade. Who will be annointed my favorite Twin? It may be to early to decide, but I will have to have someone by opening day. Once I see how things flesh out, this may change, but it is good to go into opening day with a designated favorite.

Speaking of baseball, Joe DiMaggio died March 8, 1999. This is my favorite quote of his: "They call a man graceful because he hits a little ball with a certain swing. My father hammered piles on a railroad out of Martinez for 10 cents an hour to support a family. That was grace."

No comments: