Sunday, March 09, 2008

Happy Birthday, Ang!

It is my best friend's birthday today. I remember the first birthday I spent with her like it was yesterday - sort of.

It was 1993. Early in the evening, we met Ang's brother Jeff and his friend Mike at a bar at Seven Corners. It wasn't Sgt. Preston's - maybe Bullwinkle's? We had a couple of beers, or in Ang's case, amaretto sours. I am not sure what we did after this, but we ended up at St. Anthony's East - a dive on near Central and University that's no longer there. Marie came with us. This is real fuzzy but I remember the drunk across the bar who struggled to keep one eye open as he slurred incoherently.

Doesn't sound all that interesting and I doubt it was the twenty-first birthday of Ang's dreams, but I am sure we laughed. I always laughed a lot (and still do) with Ang.

Thanks for being a great friend these past fifteen years. And they said it wouldn't last...well, one person did anyway...

Again, happy birthday.

No comments: